Happy Father’s Day to all the wonderful dad’s out there, including mine!
While my dad is more of a bacon and eggs type of guy, I think even he would have to try these fluffy, healthy-ish Greek yoghurt and blueberry pancakes – they are so delicious and the sweet vanilla aroma which encompasses the kitchen whilst cooking is swoon worthy!
These pancakes are really versatile – you can add fresh or frozen raspberries, chocolate chips, cocao nibs or shredded coconut to the mix as well. I also had some coconut yoghurt hanging around, so I used half a cup of coconut yoghurt and half a cup of natural Greek yoghurt. Top them off with more fresh fruit, maple syrup and a dusting of icing sugar and any Dad will feel like a King.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Cooking oil spray
- Fresh fruit and maple syrup to serve
- 1. Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
- 2. In a smaller bowl, combine eggs, coconut oil, vanilla and yoghurt and mix to combine. Add in the milk and stir until creamy and smooth.
- 3. Pour the yoghurt mix over the dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- 4. Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat and spray with cooking oil (I used coconut oil).
- 5. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour the batter into the frypan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Continue with remaining pancake batter.
- 6. Serve with fresh blueberries (or other berries as you like), banana, maple syrup and a dusting of icing sugar.